Just finished building, getting no monitor output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mliraved

Baseband Member
I just finished my first build. Everything seems to be up and running great -- the mobo is powered, the CD drive is lit up, all the fans are going, etc. I have it all hooked up to my TV via HDMI but I get nothing on the screen whenever I boot up. The HDMI is on the mobo and I really don't have any other monitors (this is a laptop). Would certainly appreciate help.

I'm not trying to say you're stupid but are you sure you have your TV set right?

Do you have a friend who could bring over his monitor to help you out?

also, i forgot, look in your bios and make sure that the onboard GPU is enabled and the output is to the HDMI as opposed to VGA or DVI

My TV recognizes my girlfriend's HDMI output, so it should recognize mine.

I have no other monitors. I tried reseating everything but the problem persists. And I can't navigate my BIOS without, well, seeing it on a screen. :(

The HDMI is literally coming out of the motherboard, too.

I have no other monitors. I tried reseating everything but the problem persists. And I can't navigate my BIOS without, well, seeing it on a screen. :(

oh ya, your right. i feel dumb now.

but have you looked on the board to see if there were any jumpers that might enable the HDMI? also do you have a video card to test in place of the integrated HDMI?

oh ya, your right. i feel dumb now.

but have you looked on the board to see if there were any jumpers that might enable the HDMI? also do you have a video card to test in place of the integrated HDMI?
I have a video card, but I assume it won't work until the Drivers for it are installed. I did try using the HDMI adapter on it, but it didn't work. I also tried removing it all together to see if it was interfering with on-board graphics, but that didn't work either. Is there any reason my mobo wouldn't be outputting HDMI, even though it features it?

well, what i am thinking is that you have to get in to the bios to enable the HDMI. cause right now it's probably defaulting to VGA or DVI.

also just go ahead and throw that card in there with a DVI to HDMI adapter on it and it will work even with out the drivers installed ;)

This sucks! I'm going to a friend's to check on his monitor, but I think HDMI being disabled is pretty dumb (if that is, in fact, the problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom