building a computer starting with a barebone kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
everythingn came in today and me and my brother built it pretty well, I plug everything in and try to turn it on and it only went on for about 1 second and started the fans up for that 1 second. any ideas?

Im reading things online saying that its either the PSU or something is in wrong, i have no clue...

what happens when you try to turn it on again?

oh and if you haven't already bought your OS, just get vista. It is perfectly fine. It will just be a wast of money to get XP now and vista later

hmm well the first thing I would do is open it up and unplug every connection and plug it back in just to make sure. then reseat your memory and graphics card

Systematically add connections so unplug everything except the motherboard cpu take out all but one of the ram sticks and the hdds, graphics card etc shouldn't be plugged in. See if it boots up, if yes then try with both sticks of ram, then if it works try with the hdd's in, then try with the graphics card in. If it fails at any step where you are adding a component then go back and retry if on the second time its still not working then that is most likely the dud and tell us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom