*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

The DRAM frequency would be what I was talking about. Not used to DDR3, but I think it's the same. I find when I drop my RAM frequency hit helps push a little performance out. Try dropping it to 1333.

will do

Edit: i can't get it past 3.5ghz and apparently nobody else as well....at least according to Mr. Google

Look at that insane vcore 1.448v

btp45hp500pizj9.png

this has got to be a suicide screenie

clipboard01pl9.jpg

1.4V is int that insane. i have pushed 1.5v through my q9300 before and it is still going strong, also try playing around with the advanced clock control. up those settings a little and try 550FSB

the question is....should i risk setting my voltage that high on this chip>? i always thought that 1.4 was the absolute maximum....

well if 1.4V is the max and i have run it at 1.5V before and it is still fine, so GO FOR IT! what's the worst that could happen. you found it in a junk yard, so no big loss if you kill it.

ack, after reading your post above...what do you mean "advanced clock control"?

in my bios i have an option called advanced clock control.

it may not be avalible on your asus but on my gigabyte P45 (in sig) it gives me the option to tweak that kind of stuff.

i'll have to do a quick google on the subject matter because i have forgotten all about what it does :p

accually captian obvious what you want to be looking for is some thing called "CPU clock skew" and "NB clock skew" doing a google on those terms will help you out.

and for the record the highest FSB on this board is like 515FSB once i got past 500FSB it became extremely hard to hget even an extra 1MHZ out of it. and my cpu clock skew was set to 350PS and my NB clock skew was set to 150PS. but your bios may not even have that option, just look around for something similar.

okay, i can get it to post with no problems with fsb 500-530, but anything over 500 i can't get into windows....it'll get past the loading bar and just black screen...never gets to login...

also, i didn't take a screenie of hypi @ 3.5ghz...so i'll do that again in a lil while...it ran the 32m with no problems it seemed though..also ran prime95 blend test for 4 hrs...but the system hung around 4:10

Back
Top Bottom