graphics card issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycampbell

Beta member
well i bought a xfx 9800 gt from tiger direct and istalled it in my computer cause my old died and it worked great for a week or so and then it started to freeze/restart when my computer was turned on when all the startup process's were finish.

i have tried re-installing it with the drivers off the nvidia site and even re-installed windows xp and even went threw and made sure all drivers on everything was updated also and im still having this issue.

i am lost at this point i cant quite figure out what is going on so if there is anyone that has any info that might help please post it would be quite appreciated.

well i checked in the bios to see if any temps were higher than they are suppose to be and they all look normal. i would download a temp moniter but i dont have that computer hooked up to the net yet cause i has still been freezeing/restarting on me.... i just reformated the hard drive when re-installing windows xp and it froze trying to set it up for internet before any updates or anything...

First be certain it is the source of the freeze and reboots. Pull the card and use the onboard IGA for a while. Just run the machine long enough to insure you don't have a software issue (driver, virus, adware, etc). Once you are certain the card is to blame. Tiger Direct should send you a replacement as you said it is only few weeks old.

However if the machine is still acting goofy without the card you will at least know it is not the source of the problem.

and while i was checking temps i left it in the bios and it froze so im wondering if it is something else motherboard, processer or something im not to sure though so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be very pleased

what psu do you have. Does it have enough power for that card? I believe you need at 450watt from a good quality brand.

well i checked on the psu itself and in the order info for my computer from 5 years ago..

on the side of the psu it say Enermax 460watt

in the order info it says alienware max watt 460..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom