swapping dual core with core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

wikcdstylee

Beta member
i have a lenovo R61i with an dual core T2390 1.86 GHz and i want to swap it with a core 2 T5500 1.66GHz from an asus F3Jc. ive heard that the sockets are compatible but wanted to make sure its actually possible and , even, worth it.

any help = much appreciation

if the sockets are compatible then there shouldn't be a problem assuming that your PSU could handle it

These are laptop processors? I dont think they are compatible. T2390 is socket P, and T5500 is socket M, not to mention the T5500 has a higher bus requirement and higher voltage, something your laptop mobo might not be able to handle.

These are laptop processors? I dont think they are compatible. T2390 is socket P, and T5500 is socket M, not to mention the T5500 has a higher bus requirement and higher voltage, something your laptop mobo might not be able to handle.

AP4 is right, socket P and socket m are not pin compatible. You guys need to do research before handing out advice. Socket P replaces socket M and has a higher fsb.

sorry for the late reply back , ive been on vacation and not really checking my post. tho, thanks for the info, i wasnt so sure if the sockets were correct. tho, i am trying to upgrade the lenovo to hopefully a core 2. i guess now that i know, really, what im working with i can see if anything is availabe. tho , i was wondering if anyone has an idea where i could get some info on the subject. i guess, tho, i could start with spec sheets if i can find them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom