Why is my computer performance so BAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded CCleaner, should I use the normal windows restore point? Also, how could I lower the RAM being used?

Dont worry about the Restore Point. That was a joke. Just open up CCleaner and run the Cleaner and Registry tools.

Also, as mentioned, defrag. There is a great program to do this called Defraggler also from the same guys that did CCleaner.

A Chkdsk would also be a good idea.

As far as lowering your RAM - I take it you've never opened a computer before?

Oh haha you mean literally taking the sticks out :) I see, sorry a bit slow there. I will now try "defraggler"

by the way, when I updated my graphics drivers, my screen started flickering for some reason, has calmed down a bit now, so I read up on it and changed my refresh rate to 60 Hz. Hasn't really helped so I'm going to change it back.

Edit: I changed back to 75 Hz, still flickering.

What, shall I just system restore or is there an easier way to do it? Sorry, I'm not terribly great with computers :/

Go into your Device Manager
{ Rightclick My Computer > Manage > Device Manager }

Find your video card in the tree (Under Display Devices)

Depending on a few factors here you can either Rightclick on it and simply choose (rollback drivers) or you have to open it up (double click on it) and somewhere in the dialogue menus there you can find a button that says "rollback drivers"

I've just done that and my screen has gone HUGGGGGGGGGGGE! jeeeez. I'm guessing that the drivers I tried to install earlier never worked so I'm using the graphics card using the factory setting drivers.

Is the OP running vista?
If so, roll back to Xp.

nVidia GeForce 8200
Get a better video card. You have the rock bottom of the nVidia GeForce 8 Series. Sure, it comes with DX10 Support. But it not really good. best that your chipset is there for in for watching movies, dvds and blu ray. I would not game on any thing less that a GeForce 8600 series.

Awww snap, thanks for rounding that up for me man, I thought surely I could game on it seeing as I overdo the recommendations for everything else by like 2:1. I downloaded 3 uniblue PC cleanup programs and used them all. But I guess I'm never gonna game on my PC at all. Ahh well I'll just stick to xbox, thanks to everyone that has posted though, much appreciated.

that's your problem that is a horrible GPU, it's integrated. you need a seprate card to play your game.

also try a HDD defrag, that might help some.

Lol everyone ignored you and listening to Harper. hhaha.

Yeah its the video card. 8200? I mean, its not 5200 PCI bad but its bad.

For the cost of a game you can actually buy a new video card:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards - $89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom