*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

i want to see some more benchmarks with that q8200. it has a 7x multi like my q9300 and i have hit 500FSB on my board pretty easily. you should be able to get to about 450FSB :D

Yeah, not the biggest fan either.....but you can't complain when you pull it from a computer you found at the junk yard ^_^.........speed stepping......hahah i knew i forgot something....also the Q8200 comes with a default multiplier of 6.0x

No, it's cool mate. :p Your Q8200 is probably the best one I've seen, so it's nothing against you, sorry if it sounded like I was dissing you or something, haha.

And that was a heck of a find in a junk yard. I'm with phil, more benchmarks. What kind of cooling are you using?

haha it's all good, i'm using a thermaltake big typhoon HSF
Image_00.jpg

the problem doesn't seem to be cooling, at least not on the CPU, it runs idle here at 3.5ghz around 13c and 28c under load...cores never get above 58c....i think it's the chipset that's keeping me back, although i need to play around with it some more...but i'm quite new to this stuff....my settings are

7x multiplier
500FSB
Vcore-auto (although i've found 1.375v to work as well)

any suggestions? i'd love to see how far i can push this thing....if i fry it...haha i'll just grab a Q6600

You could grab VeeDub's Q6600 :p he's selling it right now, it has the g0 stepping.

But like I said, for a Q8200 that's pretty nice.

The P5Q is a good board so it shouldn't hold you back. Try upping the north bridge voltage one notch.

I would like to see more benches also. This is the first time I have seen someone running a good overclock on a q8200 so it's possible we haven't been giving the chip as much credit as it deserves.

The P5Q is a good board so it shouldn't hold you back. Try upping the north bridge voltage one notch.

I would like to see more benches also. This is the first time I have seen someone running a good overclock on a q8200 so it's possible we haven't been giving the chip as much credit as it deserves.

Either that, or he got lucky and got a good overclocking chip in the garbage heap, lol. But it's still interesting to see regardless.

The Q8200s are good chips for the money, it's just that the low multi means you need a good mobo for high fsb.

I guess it depends on what your needs are. Me personally, I'd rather have an E8400 for that money. But that might be because I caught the overclocking itch, haha.

it's strange i would rather have the q8200. i guess it's because i have fallen in love with my q9300

Back
Top Bottom