*Screen Resolution problem*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeCk_N

Baseband Member
Hi guys i really need your help!!

After playing about with my display properties I went to the settings tab and changed my screen resolution from 800 by 600 pixels to 2048 by 1536 pixels.

The problem is I don't thimk my monitor could handle it and the screen went completely black. I tried restarting my computer but after the windows loading screen the monitor goes back again.

The only way I can access my computer account is by restarting in Safe mode (thats how im writing this) i've tried changing the screeen resolution in safe mode but in this mode the resolution is already at 800 by 600 pixels.

I know this may sound kinda funny but its not

i really really reallyy really need someones help in sorting this out.

Thanks!!

Thankyou for the reply but i cannot set my screen resolution to 640x480 it does not go below 800x600.

Is there anything else i need to do??

thanks

try 1024x768

if this doesn't work you will have to try another monitor and/or graphics card

maybe there are other ways to reset it? dunno

I cannot seem to change my screen resolutionn in safe mode.

i've changed it too 1024x786 and clicked apply but when i go back to my display settings the res is still at 800x600.

Maybe this has something to do with it.

HELP ME!!
ARGGhh

re-install your graphics card drivers in safe mode

i had the same probl with my uncles comp. I un-installed and re-installed gfx drivers and I was able to change the resolution

This is gonna sound dumb But how do I uninstall and reinstall the drivers??

Do uninstall from the add/ remove programs option in control panel?

How will i then re-install them

thanks for your replies!!

yes, from add/ remove programs will work.

then download the newest drivers or install the drivers u have on a CD

try reinstalling ur drivers ....if u cant get through it ...just switch of ur pc remove ur vga card and put it in an other slot ....then it will ask for drivers automatically....and install it again .....

falcon_eye said:
try reinstalling ur drivers ....if u cant get through it ...just switch of ur pc remove ur vga card and put it in an other slot ....then it will ask for drivers automatically....and install it again .....

this only werks with PCI cards, most mobo's only have one AGP slot.

I am not sure it will ask for drivers if you put a gfx card in another slot...i think windows detects it and uses the installed drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom