laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
now and then my laptop likes to turn off, it will be fine then it will turn off with no warnings, or the screen will split in half and one half will be ok ( usually the top half) and the bottom is all messed up.. can some one please help its very frustrating
its an acer 5315

nope its not hot at all and when it starts to get hot i put it on the cooling pad so i think iv pretty much gotten rid of the overheating possibity :confused: when i bought it i put in a 2gig stick witch has different timings,mhz so i took the 1 gig stick out it came with and left the 2. the only thing i can think of is that the ram might be bad? cuz thats the only thing i replaced in it at all.. :( could that even be it?

Not sure, it doesn't sound like a RAM problem. You can boot just fine, right? The only problem is every now and then when windows is loaded?

Almost sounds like a video/power problem, if it's not overheating...

yeah , what kid of power problem? its plugged in and on battery when it does it? and what kind of video problem could it be

Well, the powering down sounds like a power problem if you're sure it's not overheating. It could be anything from a faulty PSU to a short somewhere. The video thing is just really weird.

Has anything happened to the laptop lately? Spills, drops, anything?

nope nothing *that i know of* it just randomly started doing it it dostn do it all the time liek it just did it twice today but it hasnt in about a week or so before that ? wtf ?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom