Help sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
Hi all. I just reinstalled Windows XP to a new hd. And the sound won't work I have an ASUS A7V8X mobo and I used drivers from the company website and from Realtek and they still don't work. I am using diamond tech speakers that came from an e-machines bundle. I went to the diamond tech website but they don't have any drivers. The mother board model uses an on board sound, Yes I've gone to add hard ware and the driver locator. STILL NOTHING I am at my wits end.

Don't mean to sound patronizing, but have you checked the volume setting on your system? Have you checked to make sure it is not on mute?

make sure that you plugged the green from the speakers into the green port on the audio out. Also make sure that you have the speakers turned on. As for the drivers...speakers do not have drivers themselves, but only the sound card. Go to Start>control panel>system>Hardware tab>Devise manager...and look at the sound,video, and game controller section to see if it is listed as installed. If it is, head back to the control panel and then to Sound..click on the sounds tab then see if you can play one as a test to see if the drivers are working. if you can't play one its going to be a sound driver problem or not having the default audio devise selected

Cmon now I'm a true techie gimme some credit... Yes I have checked all of those things, thanks for the link I'll try it

I tried it and it didn't work so i don't what's wrong. I'm going to look for a cheap sound card and try that out

Well now I have seen no change in the problem after installing the sound card. I've found that wierd problems like these occur after a hard drive replacement. I've heard of others who have solved this problem with installation of the right driver. However none of my drivers work. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom