ACER ASPIRE 1 wireless internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesson81

Baseband Member
I bought the Acer 1 Netbook a little over a month ago, I tried to get on to my wireless net work today, and there's a full wireless strength from the net work. When I open explorer, no internet. I thought well it probably the Modem. Turned on a computer that's connected to the Wireless network, (LAN) and it worked. Weird. Okay must be the wireless network. Turned on a different computer with wireless, and it had internet. Oh SH--. My acer is still not getting internet. I have reset the wireless card, i plugged it it because the battery was a little low. Nothing. I plugged it in to LAN, and it works..

Receiving Wireless network, just no internet. Modem, and Wireless network working fine. I have got on the network with the laptop before.....

What is it? Never thought this problem would exsist.....

Thanks...

WoW this it the first time I didn't get a response on Computer Tech forums....

Well I called Acer tech support, they knew nothing, accept to call the ISP. I did that. they knew nothing. I didn't even want to call the ISP, nothing was bad on their part because every other computer on the wireless network was working just fine.

So i was about to Call up belkin (wireless network). I figured well I guess I can uninstall the WLAN card and then install it again. So i DL'd the Program. I uninstalled the Vlan and restarted the computer. Installed it then restarted again. Found the Network, put in my Hex key and viola it worked. No problems anymore......

You have an Acer, I'd get used to weird stuff like this happening. It's sort of a trademark of their's.

Moving this to the Netbook section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom