Why is my computer performance so BAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzaguy

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I bought a computer with reasonably good specs, there are as listed:

Athlon 64 X2 DUAL
4GB of RAM (although I can only use 3GB because I have the 32 bit version of windows)
nVidia GeForce 8200
320GB HD

My computer should run games such as "Empire: Total War" with ease, considering the recommended RAM usage is 512mb and can run smoothly with a non dual core processor and my graphics card is over the recommended. So could someone please tell me why whenever I try to play the game my framerate is HORRIBLE and pretty much unplayable, this also happens with Call of Duty 4 the framerate is shocking. These are the only 2 games I've tried and I'm presuming all the rest will be the same.

Thanks for reading.

PS - can someone advise a performance test online so I can submit the results to you guys and see what you think? Thanks again

Have u updated the graphics drivers?

What monitor/resolution are you playing the games at? Maybe u can lower your resolution

go to your control panel and tell me how many processes are running.

Download CCleaner from Pirisoft and run every tool on there that you can.

Also I'm wondering if having too much RAM in there is causing a problem... RAM is typically supposed to be "paired" so if you have 2 x 2 GB sticks, then the last 25% of each one is "missing" which could be causing problems. Trying taking it down to 2GB of RAM and see if anything changes.

Also I'm wondering if having too much RAM in there is causing a problem... RAM is typically supposed to be "paired" so if you have 2 x 2 GB sticks, then the last 25% of each one is "missing" which could be causing problems. Trying taking it down to 2GB of RAM and see if anything changes.

Trust me , he/she doesn't want to run EVERY tool in ccleaner!! U have to watch it with the registry

The registry tool in CCleaner is actually pretty safe, believe it or not. Though messing with the registry is not something everyone wants to do.

I downloaded CCleaner, should I use the normal windows restore point? Also, how could I lower the RAM being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom