AMD vs. Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thank you guys for all your help :) but now im still debating lol I dont have a huge budget so id have to go with either E5300 ( newegg.ca says it clocks to 3ghz easy?) or AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma.

Reviews on newegg say they both oc easy ( E5300 has one that says it clocked from 2.6 to 3.8? seems like ALOT to me.. but im still new to it lol) so does any one have personal experience with either of these cpus? i am willing to go a little higher in price but i dont want to go over 5-600$ but i also want the best performance for that budget as well

Taste: You forgot to mention that the AM3 chips can still be used on AM2+ boards. ;)

Dumpy: If you have a max budget of 600 bucks, I'm sure we can work out a nice machine for you. What kind of needs do you have for the machine?

EDIT: Remembering that you're in Canada, 35g's build seems pretty solid.

i wanna use it for media listening to music watching videos, ect. i plan on buying a bigger monitor/tv to use as monitor later on so something thats good for that. light gaming like i said in my previous post, nothing crazy i dont need a 200$ gpu and something thats better then what i have now lol right now i have an AMD Sempron 3000+ @1.80 GHz and 1.25 gigs of ram :(:eek: so anything is better then this but i want a nice, fast system. something OC'able as well nothing major depending on the stock speed of the cpu that is, i wouldnt go any higher then 3 ghz

EDIT: and i dont need a huge HD i have an external sata i wanna put in it aswell so i dont need like.. more then an 80? or 120 for vista and programs

You should go by what you can afford, what will fit in your budget. AMD is good, but Intel has the speed crown. AMD is usually cheaper than Intel, though.

iv noticed lol i still dont know what im going to go with as of yet, still debating but whats your personal prefrence?

Well, with your current budget being what it is, the E5200 is probably your best bet, since it can overclock better than the x2 7750. If you don't plan to overclock, the x2 7750 outperforms the E5200 at stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom