Oh no my new laptop dont have firewire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benrobin

Beta member
Hello,

I just got a new laptop and I didnt read the specs well enough and mistakenly thought it had firewire ports. The only reason I bought this latpop was to use with a mixer that requries a firewire connection. I cant get a refund so is there some way I can get this laptop fitted with firewire ports? I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks

Ben
p.s. this is the laptop i got.
Laptop SONY VAIO NR38S/S - Buying guide: compare prices, technical specifications, tests and reviews, news and videos...

Would using a usb to firewire adapter work tho?
The mixer may need firewire because only firewire can deal with the ammount of data being transfered quick enough. If its goes through a usb wont this slow it down and maybe make the mixer not work?

Um...... the specs sAy it has:

Interfaces 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x headphones - output - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ¦ 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 4 PIN FireWire ¦ 1 x modem - phone line - RJ-11 ¦ 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm ¦ 4 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A ¦ 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ¦ 1 x headphones / speakers - output - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm

If it truely doesnt you ned to demand your money back due to false info

Okay:
ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/NR31J_ER_MR_NR32_38/NR31J_ER_MR_NR32_38_H_EN.pdf

Its the mini fire wire cable. pg 75, the I.link port.

Edit,

You can buy 4 to 6 pin cables like these sold here in Canada:
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom