trying to help my father with his pc, and I have ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav536

Baseband Member
Hello, my dad asked me to look at his pc and I had said ok. But when I got there he had let my uncle work on it and after that I dont know what the h@ll he did. now every time I start it up it lets windows start and then says that explorer did an illegal action, then it sits on a blue screen.

Anyone have any ideas for this, I would like to try and get it fixed soon as they use it for thier company info.

Dave

sometimes reinstalling might not work....i think u are having a big blue screen with it FATEL ERROR and some no ......ur drivers are corupted ya ur windows is.....mostly u get it in win 98 when ur windows get corupted......if there is some imp files just try to make a back up of it....and then format ur pc................and reinstall it from a very reliable cd 98.....and if it still there then its an other prob...but 1st just format ur 98 and reinstal..it mostly happens with 98

hope so this might solve ur prob

Falcon_eye, yes it goes to a blue screen and says explorer performed an illegal operation, and then just sits there. I cant get into the files to back them up, will I have to lose them in the formating??

Dave

THanks thats what i thought. any suggs on getting to the files, since windows wont open??

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom