HAF 932 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

infowarrior45

Baseband Member
Had a quick question. All the 5.25" drive bays on my HAF 932 are covered by metal punchouts. Wonder if I should punch all of these out for better airflow, or is there a reason they are there?

Thanks!

In my opinion, the metal punch outs are just in the way. They keep them there for...blocking drives, I guess. I'd just take them out.

Someone that actuall has a HAF could verify, but I'm pretty sure they're standard.

I punched a few out.. but left 3 in... with the holes it has, it leaves a perfect spot to mount another intake fan...

Punching them out wouldn't hurt anything.

I left all mine in just because they airflow is good enough that I didn't need to expend any more energy removing them :p lol

Thanks. That actually would be a pretty good idea for mounting another intake fan. I left the rest of the punchouts in, just in case I decided to do that.

When I got my HAF 932 I was not sure yet what to do, until I figured those cards had to be punched out/removed. I only removed the ones I needed to remove: two for DVD dries and one for the floppy disk drive.

Since those slots are right at the front of the case I would not think they could either way be a problem for airflow (even if they had no holes in them).

we all remember that HAF stands for "high air flow" right? it's ok to leave them there, and yea.. you could put another fan on there... or something silly like stickers or lights, they won't hurt anything.

I can't wait to get my HAF... been set back months... and really want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom