Final Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim333

Banned
Thank you everyone for you help the last few days. I plan on ordering my system soon, and I wanted to double check everything. I still may change the case.

I am building a gaming PC for approx 1000$. I am planning on ordering tonight, or tommorow morning. I am in the US and I don't plan to do any overclocking (maybe a tiny bit in the future).

Here is my current build approx 960$:

Newegg.com - XION Onyx XON-303 Black/Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

and cheap CD drive.

I have a couple of questions. I plan on ordering tonight if possible, and I want to check for any glaring errors: Incompatibilities, No fits, Heat Problems, or stupid decsions.

1) Will my Double wide Graphics Card hit the South Bridge on the Motherboard?

2) Will the 650 PSU be sufficient? I may consider a second of the same Graphics card in crossfire later on down the line.

3) Will I need any extra cables?

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank You.

1) You will be fine. The SB is low enough that your GPU will clear it without at problem.

2) You may want to upgrade to a 750TX if you do think you will be crossfiring those GPUs.

3) All cables needed will be included with the parts (motherboard, case, psu).

Other than that all looks good. You may want to upgrade your case to something with slightly more cooling.

EDIT: After looking for a case in the $75-100 range, you are probably best off with the one you currently have. The only ones with better cooling are higher than $100 and would put your budget over the top.

650w will be fine, but for Crossfire, and for an extra 10 or 20 bucks, get the 750.

You should be fine on cables.

Put links in your post so people can actually see the parts, that's my first suggestion.

I would still get the DDR2 1066 version of G.Skill PI Blacks.

I've owned several asus boards w/ no complaints. That also can be said for Gigabyte. They are the #1 selling mobo manufacturer

I love ASUS boards myself, but in this case, methinks the Biostar or the Gigabyte would be a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom