graphics card wont fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, how old is this PC? Do you still have any sort of warranty on it? If you do and you make any alterations to it, it will void all warranties.

If you don't have any warranties than please list the specs of your PC. That model of Dell probably has numerous variations to choose from. The link you provided doesn't specify what your PC has. If you can list this, it will make it easier for us to recommend parts for you.

Also note: You would have to purchase a new motherboard, case and possibly power supply. The operating system that came with your Dell will not work with the new hardware. So you'll have to acquire an operating system also.
This build would require you to format your current HDD and reinstall windows and all new drivers fresh. You'll have to back-up everything you want to save. You'll basically be rebuilding a computer.

You will be able to use, "Hard drives, Optical Drives, Ram, Processor, sound card and other input devices."

Depending upon the hole pattern on the board you could just get away with a new case.

Check the specs on your psu to see if it has enough to power that gpu.

You will be able to use, "Hard drives, Optical Drives, Ram, Processor, sound card and other input devices."

what he said, basically you will have to buy a new case, psu, and motherboard

dang guess shoulda done my research oh well ill try to sell my 8800 but is there any card yall reccomend that will fit and should be able to run WoW pretty smoothly

my pc has a amd athlon x2 dual core processors 3800+ 2.0 ghz
3.5gigs of ram um anything else yall need to know?

Which model do you have... mini-tower, desktop, or small form factor (slim case)?

If it is the mini-tower, have you tried relocating the hard drive to the lower slot/bay? If it is a desktop or SFF the card is probably too tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom