AMD vs. Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel isn't higher quality than AMD, I have no idea what you're talking about there. AMD used to beat the crap out of intel for a while until they got their act together. Now, on a budget, you can't beat AMD.

That being said, the intel build is fine.

Intel isn't higher quality than AMD, I have no idea what you're talking about there. AMD used to beat the crap out of intel for a while until they got their act together. Now, on a budget, you can't beat AMD.

That being said, the intel build is fine.

so AMD has been better quality overall? How so?

The reason why I think (Just my opinion, you can say what you want) Intel has better quality then AMD is because of a few reasons:

1) The Intel CPU's use the LGA socket rather then the PGA so you don't have to worry about broken/bent pins.
2) Intel has been at 45NM longer then AMD and is moving down to 32NM
3) My PC servicing Tech hates AMD because he got a bad batch of AMD CPU's in about 20 computers... BSOD like crazy and AMD wouldn't do anything about it.

Have not dealt with AMD but I know both Intel and AMD both have 3 year warranty's so now they may be equal but IMO Intel has better quality then AMD.

But for a low cost non overclock build AMD beats Intel all the time.

thanks man i think im gunna go for that one, looks very nice! :) just the only thing now is the wait.. i gotta wait about a month or less for half the money, then anouther for the next part( taxs then i start working again, but i might be able to squeeze the rest out before :p ) one i like.. go threw it i might have a few questions on the gpu/case but other then that looks nice :)

All right, I'm glad I could help you. You may want to wait until you can order everything at once because things will probably change between when you order your first part and when you order you last part. I ordered my stuff over a period of 3-4 months... If I had waited and ordered everything at once I would have saved a bit. But in one month things may not change all that much.

ok thanks very much :) and i just went to look at the gpu specs and you have the case for the link so i donno wat card it is:p you dont need to go back and get the link, just what card was it and il look myself:)

ok thanks very much :) and i just went to look at the gpu specs and you have the case for the link so i donno wat card it is:p you dont need to go back and get the link, just what card was it and il look myself:)

I knew I messed something up when I was doing that. I fixed the link in the other post.

Here is the card I picked out, it will beat any of the on board graphics:Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE 100253L Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

ok thanks ! is that case big enough for a cpu fan? i plan on oc a little bit.. probably take it to 2.7-3 ghz if possible.. i never have before and i donno about the mother board either, the reviews on newegg are nothign but bad?

Odds are the BSODs were from the installation of XP SP3? :D

I am an AMD guy. I guess I go for the underdog, and probably always will. There's something about a giant company who makes their own rules that rubs me the wrong way.

The only "bad" AMD chips I know of were the original Phenoms that had the errata bug (but they still ran fine under normal operating loads), unless it was some from before the socket A days. otherwise the BSODs were from Intel drivers being used in a graod spectrum update (hence the XP SP3 jab :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom