Can't put computer to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I used to always put my computer to sleep before I upgraded to my i7 build. Since then I have never been able to successfully put it to sleep. If you're wondering why it took me so long to make this thread... i was just lazy.

When I hit sleep, I hear the HDDs turn off and the screen goes blank but all my fans and lights remain on so there really isn't any point to putting it to sleep.

Specs:
i7 920
evga x58
3gb g.skill 1600
2xWD raptor 150gb
1tb wd black
8800gtx

I have the latest BIOS update and graphics update as of a few days ago.

What version of Windows? Have you got all updates? Are you sure that there is nothing accessing your drives?

Are you overclocking. I know the Asus p6t has this problem with overclocks and it is possible your board may have the same issue. People are hoping that a bios update yet to be released will fix it.

Have you tried warm milk and a soft blanket.

What version of Windows? Have you got all updates? Are you sure that there is nothing accessing your drives?

I've got Vista Ultimate 64-bit with all of the latest updates. I'm positive there is nothing accessing my drives because I've triple checked that and I can also hear them spin down.

Are you overclocking. I know the Asus p6t has this problem with overclocks and it is possible your board may have the same issue. People are hoping that a bios update yet to be released will fix it.

Have you tried warm milk and a soft blanket.

I do have my 920 at 3.9 24/7 so maybe it is an overclocking bug. I'll have to reset it and see what happens.

Time to start folding in the meantime!

I would except I can't get folding to work. I have even posted a thread here and nobody could figure out what was wrong. So no go on that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom