• Ethernet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TCP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've read many reviews, articles, and general complaints from people :cough cough beedubaya cough cough: about the new ATI's just suck balls. The 6800 Ultra is a bit extreme just cause it takes two power connectors and is a power hungry monster....but still I hear the 6800GT can be OC'd to ultra speeds if you get eVGA brand cause they put the same heatsinks on all their cards.

For what i prefer, it really depends on what is good and not. If it was the 9800 Pro vs 5900 nu, obviously the 9800 Pro because it owns. If it was the 6800 GT ....i think you get my drift.;)

9800 pwns all cards. Even the newer ones don't see much difference. 1337 pwnage Radical Radeon. OCZ dreamz. Neats0rz.

hells0rz, my first card was nvidia gforce then 2 GTS. Still the radical series gives it a run for its cashs0rz.

Remems0rz:

Intel = nVidia
AMD = ATI

I choose ATi. Even though my 9800Pro wasn't digitally signed by Microsoft for compatibility w/XP, now my comp recognizes the 9800Pro as a 9800XT!!!!! I can live with that! But I am still gonna try to download Catalyst 4.9 straight to my comp. =P

Nubius said:
lol agex always holding out on that 'fact' I don't believe you'll ever notice any difference in image quality. XBOX2 will be using ATI :/ GEH! losers

Agex000 has always said this but never has given any proof. He says he has screenshots, but will not post them. Its making me wonder if they even exist in the first place. :confused: All I know is the performance of my $400 card plain sucks, and a slight unnoticable difference in image quality isn't worth having to settle for 1024x768 and no AA and AF just to get above 30 frames per second. :mad:

elp said:
9800 pwns all cards. Even the newer ones don't see much difference. 1337 pwnage Radical Radeon. OCZ dreamz. Neats0rz.

hells0rz, my first card was nvidia gforce then 2 GTS. Still the radical series gives it a run for its cashs0rz.

Remems0rz:

Intel = nVidia
AMD = ATI

It's more like AMD & nVidia... nVidia makes the chipset for AMD cpus that also gives their gpus a slight increase in performance in most games.

And as for Intel and ATI, when combined, they do very well in 3Dmark 2003.

beedubaya said:
All I know is the performance of my $400 card plain sucks, and a slight unnoticable difference in image quality isn't worth having to settle for 1024x768 and no AA and AF just to get above 30 frames per second. :mad:

Reivew of X800Pro

According to that and a few other reviews I have read would show that there must be something wrong with your card if you are having to settle for 1024x768 with no AA or AF since my 9600xt can do that. They are playing Need for Speed Underground at 1280x1024 with 6aa and 16af in the review and it never drops below 30fps. You need to stop bashing this card and telling everyone it is a piece of shit. It can keep up with the 6800GT and even the Ultra in some spots. In that review they actually put it above the ultra.

Final Conclusion

From toms hardware:

Even the much less expensive X800 Pro with its 12 pipes can beat the GeForce 6800 Ultra in some game tests.

I can continue to post things about it but I think you get the picture. Stop complaining about it. You are just showing everyone who doesn't know a different that ATI sucks when if you would have given them good information they might have been happier with ATI. Don't ruin it for others because you had a bad experience with your card.

Game tests are starting to piss me off. They are the heart and sould of all flame wars there are. Tests dont mean crap. They are tested with HIGH END machines that some of us have no hope of getting, and they are meant only for gaming. You have to get the card on YOUR pc and play with it before it turns out to show pro-performance or mal-performance. Tests just give an idea of those buyers what to look for in their purchase.

GameGURU said:
Game tests are starting to piss me off. They are the heart and sould of all flame wars there are. Tests dont mean crap. They are tested with HIGH END machines that some of us have no hope of getting, and they are meant only for gaming. You have to get the card on YOUR pc and play with it before it turns out to show pro-performance or mal-performance. Tests just give an idea of those buyers what to look for in their purchase.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom