AMD vs. Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel has higher quality then AMD IMO. (I heard some AMD horror stories)

If you want a dual core Intel makes the best dual cores.
For quad core Intel and AMD are about tied. (I would choose Intel over AMD)
If you want something in between the AMD Phenom II X3. Is a good choice, and so is the e8xxx series by Intel
If you want a top of the line build ($1000+) an i7 is the best for that.

ok thanks, i just tried to put a intel build together just to see.. and it was almost double the price of the one i did with amd :/ is it THAT much better in performance lol?

You can get a good Intel build that plays games for like $500 without OS, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse. It's a little less for an AMD one that's almost the same thing but the Intel will OC a lot better.

What kind of build were you putting together? An i7 or something?

AMD's dual cores are still fast but not as fast as Intel's.

The Intel one shouldn't cost more then 2x as much. The only things you should have to swap out would be the motherboard and the CPU...

Unless your planning to do some major upgrades you would probably be fine with a smaller PSU.

You said you wont be doing much gaming? If your not doing much gaming then the onboard should be fine but I would get like a p43 or p45 (much better chipset) and pick up a cheap video card.

can you suggest something better? and no major upgrades either, i plan on using onboard and MAYBE upgrading the gpu later on but not for a while.

I can suggest one but I need to know a few thing like whats your budget and what are you going to be using the computer for?

I'll be back to suggest it in a couple of hours... Have to go to school.

light gaming. no more then what i would use for onboard. and media pretty much, budget is about 5-600$ i dont wanna spend a whole lot just what i need to i dont need anything like sli/crossfire ready stuff, i7 ready anything like that :p

Here is what I got... Forgot to go newegg.ca at first. I was surprised at how much more things cost at newegg.ca then they do at newegg.com

Motherboard: Newegg.ca - ASUS P5QL PRO LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
CPU: Newegg.ca - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
PSU: Newegg.ca - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Video Card: Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE 100253L Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
HDD: Newegg.ca - Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Optical Drive: Newegg.ca - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
RAM: Newegg.ca - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Case: Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Total comes to $601.42

That build will OC better then the other one and the video card is a lot better then the onboard. That's a good power supply my friend has one in his rig running almost the same thing accept it has a 4830 instead of the 4650; but if you think you need a bigger PSU go with something bigger. If you want to cut costs you could get a cheaper case, a smaller HDD, or get like 2GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom