GPU needs and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
multicard is a bit more complicated than that, for sli you need two of the same cards. For crossfire you should be good with any card from a given family. Like any HD 4000 series should work.

I know the new nVidia drivers support 3 or more monitors with SLI. But I still say the 4850 x2 is the best bet, since it's a pretty beastly gaming card on top of having 4 DVI ports...

Pretty sure it would cost less.

I didn't think you could run multiple card without crossfire or sli. Do the drivers support that?

Nvidia just started the multi-monitorsin SLI. Any 2 card can be used un-SLI for multis

Wow... Never knew of the 4850x2... always thought it was only 4870x2....

Totally agree with best tri-setup for decent price.

I didn't think you could run multiple card without crossfire or sli. Do the drivers support that?

yep that is possible, i do it with my GTX 260 for my main 20" LCD and i have a 8500GT for a physx card that is also running a 17" CRT that i use to display temps and stuff while gaming :cool:

SLI can do multiple monitors now. The "Big Bang 2" drivers brought it in.

As for multiple cards outside of SLI or Xfire, yes it will work. Some have even used different company's cards (ATI and Nvidia) to run multiple monitors.

Hmmmm

Well my budget is up in the air. I can wait for prices to go down if I need to, or income to go up.

I believe I have gone against Tri-monitoring. 1 is just "barely not enough" to do what I need to, since some things take full screen and I Alt-Tab into the other stuff.... so a second moni should work fine.

the 4870 I want is like .. $240... and the same brand 4890 is like $250... lol... I'd be stupid not to go with the 4890 for that price difference, wouldn't I? (XFX brands)

My HAF 932.. yet to be ordered.. lots of back order and bull from companies... I need a new dealer

My 6 Gigs of ram- I bought months ago when I got my i7, motherboard, PSU and such, I believe it was $75 after mail in rebate or something... it was some crazy cheap deal for 6 gigs of DDR3, so I jumped on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom