Cheapest Phenom X3 build? and monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? The Penryns were good on heat, yes, but the new i7s aren't any better than anything else, really. AMD processors only ran hot really hot when they were bigger than 45nm, just like every processor did. I have an x3 720 myself, and on stock cooling, I overclocked it to just shy of 3.9ghz...I don't think overheating will be a problem, even with stock cooling.

That being said, it's good to get an after market HSF regardless, since you can get a nice one really cheap. The Core Contact is a great one for 40 bucks.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

just a question.. why not go with Ubuntu and save the $150- $200 its not much of a switch either i used it briefly with no knowledge of linux at all and found it very user friendly. You could go with Kubuntu as well. Iv never used it but i herd it was more like windows, and if your a uni student.. can't you get student versions of windows free or something ?

Some games can be ran in WINE under Linux..not a lot but some.
To an extent.
I think it runs slower, due to the emulation. And even when you can get the game to run, you often get glitches, or lack of support for certain graphics features (such as AA)

though Linux can use OpenGL natively

You apparently didn't read the OP...

my bad sorry i didn't see that, but he never said anything about any other linux? i was just speaking from personal experience, iv never tried any other linux distros but i found ubuntu good. and for the unistudent os. nvm i seen your in high school anyways but still, * NOT MENT TO SOUND LIKE PIRACY** why not download a a retail version of windows and not crack it? and just keep it under the trial period? would that be considered stealing it? that or buy just the product key/license key from microsoft would that be cheaper? do you have an xp you could use now? just throwing ideas out there :)

Downloading XP is still illegal, as it's not a proper distribution, and obviously cracking it is too. This site doesn't allow talk about any form of piracy.

"Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. Discussion of legal torrents such as Linux distrobutions is fine. But anything that is copyrighted, pay per use or covered by any sort of copyright is forbidden. The links provide the information needed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom