Acer Aspire 4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann101

In Runtime
Hey guys ive had my laptop for about a year now and its great but i would like to upgrade the ram to 4 gig. Im not sure what pin it is or whats the best one i should get could someone help me. Also I dont have a recovery disk so i was thinking about just getting windows vista professional and starting clean again can i do that on this laptop?

Laptop RAM is 200 pins in the case of DDR/DDR2, and 204 pins in the case of DDR3. Get a respectable brand like Corsair, G.Skill, OCZ. Also make sure to get the same speed as your current RAM.
You should check the thing's manual for the maximum amount of RAM you can have in it (I wasn't able to find that information anywhere), it could be less than 4GB.

And yes, you can install Vista over the current operating system if you so wish. Why do you want to, though?

Laptop RAM is 200 pins in the case of DDR/DDR2, and 204 pins in the case of DDR3. Get a respectable brand like Corsair, G.Skill, OCZ. Also make sure to get the same speed as your current RAM.
You should check the thing's manual for the maximum amount of RAM you can have in it (I wasn't able to find that information anywhere), it could be less than 4GB.

And yes, you can install Vista over the current operating system if you so wish. Why do you want to, though?

Well it can hold 4gb i looked on the website but it didnt tell me what size pin or anything. The reason why i wanna get the vista op cd is so i can wipe the computer out and reinstall windows if i need to.

Btw im lookin on newegg and all it shows is So Dimm but acer says it needs SDRAM is it the same stuff?

This is what brand i was looking at:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory - Laptop Memory

The reason why i wanna get the vista op cd is so i can wipe the computer out and reinstall windows if i need to.
Ah, ok. Keep in mind install OSs on laptops can be harder on desktops, because often you need to install special SATA drivers too.

Btw im lookin on newegg and all it shows is So Dimm but acer says it needs SDRAM is it the same stuff?
I'm not sure, it probably is but you should wait to see what someone else says.

Ah, ok. Keep in mind install OSs on laptops can be harder on desktops, because often you need to install special SATA drivers too.

I'm not sure, it probably is but you should wait to see what someone else says.

Well maybe i can call acer for a recovery disk or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom