Core i7 Gaming Build Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea no, probably not. Water cooling kits are generally a bad rule of thumb.

In general I must agree,

I think I might of suggested a kit to a build like this, might have been this one (too lazy to read through the whole thread) but PetrasTechShop offers kits that aren't proprietary based and are more so quality components for a combo discount,

Granted these kits won't always meet "exact" needs but would seem to be a logical choice to a light/start-up H20 solution

Petra's Tech Shop

:p

In general I must agree,

I think I might of suggested a kit to a build like this, might have been this one (too lazy to read through the whole thread) but PetrasTechShop offers kits that aren't proprietary based and are more so quality components for a combo discount,

Granted these kits won't always meet "exact" needs but would seem to be a logical choice to a light/start-up H20 solution

Petra's Tech Shop

:p

That's why I said they're generally a bad rule of thumb :D

Petra's "kits" are not exactly the kits most people think about. They basically do the shopping for you and put together great start up components. The rev3 is a solid setup.

'Nehalem Core i7 920 OC Temps'
Viddler.com - Nehalem Core i7 920 OC Temps - Uploaded by HardOCP

Tell me your experiences or thoughts on air vs water cooling for my build. I am new to using water cooling and have been reading and watching informational videos like the one above. Generally water cooled is better for the inside case environment but comes with a hefty cost over air. However air cooled does almost if not as good of a job at cooling. I will be installing one of these cooling systems in the not too distant future.

it came and its fully build minus some cosmetics. havent had any time to even hook it up to the internet yet! i am going to buy a heatsink right away instead of waiting for it. I've been looking around but have no real background in heatsink! can anyone who knows fill me in? id like to have it be at least part black to match rig but quality first. Below are a few of the heatsinks I've found.

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

Coolermaster 360° View - Coolermaster V8 Heatsink - V8 FrostyTech Review

If ddr3 prices keep falling, i'm tempted to replace mine. Sad part is i paid 220 for my first 6gb and 170 for my 2nd 6gb :( Ah well the bleeding edge isnt cheap.

plz dude, i paid $280 for my 6GB with 9-9-9-24 timings! and now better kits are available for so much cheaper

Might this be a good investment? Or for the price would I consider water cooling?
Newegg.com - Masscool 7WA002L Water Cooler - Water Cooling

HAHAHAHA that is probably the most pathetic watercooling contraption I have ever seen. That would perform worse than an air cooler and would probably break in the near future.

If you want a good watercooling setup you will have to spend a good $300 probably. I know a decent amount about watercooling so I could show you some good parts if you want to go that route. If you want to stay air cooling which will be fine for you, I would recommend the TRUE black. Shop around and you might find it for slightly cheaper than this.

Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Cooler at Xoxide!

2 things to keep in mind with the true. You need at least one 120mm fan and you need the 1366 mounting bracket as well.

But it kicks butt for air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom