Case open while running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiszerg

Baseband Member
Hey all, I've got a question about my computer case being left open.. It seems to be running cooler with the case off but I'm wondering would this cause some sort of complication?

The side fan on my case broke the other day... gatta get the wires reconnected to the fan so I just took the side case off until I can get that fan going again. Is this ok?

I ran my old computer with the case side off for years, never had any problems other than dust (I had to dust it out like every three months, especially the CPU fan).
Just makes sure NOTHING spills into it!

As long as you dont have a habit of wearing carpet encased shoes and rubbing your shoes into the open pc then your fine.

Mines open right now and its a pos dell.

I ran my old computer with the case side off for years, never had any problems other than dust (I had to dust it out like every three months, especially the CPU fan).
Just makes sure NOTHING spills into it!

As long as you dont have a habit of wearing carpet encased shoes and rubbing your shoes into the open pc then your fine.

Mines open right now and its a pos dell.

Aight cool thanks

hahaha i dont know if any of my computers have ever run more than a day WITH the side panel on....hahahaha i always wind up losing them too...or soldering on them LOL

Running it without a sidepanel is fine. Like everyone else said, you'll just have to watch for dust, spills, and animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom