New Computer - School and Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Is there anything that can go down in price so I can add the Vista Home Premium..I can't much over the original price you stated..

Thank you very much for that build, it looks great, I'm just wondering, If I wanted a little more speed, Could I replace that CPU with a 3.0 ghz intel processor, In the first build?

The first build posted had a 3.0 ghz CPU.
Are you asking if you can use that for the build Trotter suggested? If so, no, you'd need to switch the mobo to a 775 socket board.

In the build Yami posted? Yes, as long as it is a LGA775 processor. In other words, a socket 478 Intel P4 will not work in it (different socket). The E8400 is a 3.0GHz CPU, by the way, but I think you meant you already have one maybe?

A 3.0GHz Intel will not work in the build I posted as it is an AMD build, which is a completely different animal (and socket). The GA-MA770-UD3 will run any AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU on the market, but will not use DDR3 RAM like a native AM3 board would.

Also, What are the Different Hard Drives? Internal Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, External Enclosures, What's the difference?

Internal 3.5" hard drives are what go in desktops and store all of your files. External hard drivers are connected over usb, firewire, or esata so you can use them to transport files around with you. You can put an internal hard drive into a compatible external enclosure to make your own external hard drive.

The Apollo is a good case but I prefer the Antec 300. I have a 300 with two additional 120mm front intake fans and am extermely happy with it.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom