Finished my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable management is key but I always like to get the machine up and running first. Once I am finished troubleshooting and messing with stuff is when I clean up the wiring.

OH yea we are going to get to that. Just trying to get the thing up and running first. We made sure that none of the wires are touching anything.

Just finished putting all parts in and everything looks great at the BIOS. All the memory was showing up as well as the HD and ROM.

Installing vista now

Good work. I recently went through the same problem you were having basically. Though I ended up with a DOA motherboard. Hope Vista goes well.

new question. Does Windows Vista Home Premium have a way to change it to 64-bit? Bought it and it said no where on the package if it was 64 bit or 32 bit. wanting 64-bit..

Do you know if you have 32 bit or 64? Or is that what you're trying to figure out? If so:

How to Check if Windows Vista, XP and 2003 System Is 32-bit or 64-bit (x86 or x64) Version My Digital Life

Also, out of curiosity, any reason you're using adapters on the video card instead of the 6pin pcie supplies? It's good practice to stick with the 6 pin plugs as they should have 3 independent 12v feeds from the psu rather than using an adapter which branches from a single feed.

Looks good tho! Mmmmm, that fresh electronics smell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom