Pc to Tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would depend on the hookups of your TV and your graphics card. Many recent TVs have either VGA or DVI ports on them.

dvi-and-vga-ports.jpg

DVI on the left, VGA on the right.

Newer sets may also have HDMI hookups, while older sets may have an S-cable hookup. Really old sets might have the old RCA jacks.

Post what hookups you have on both the TV and your GFX card.

you can hook it up but if the TV is a tube tv its not going to look good at all, even if it's "HD" it still wont support the resolution you would need. if it is a LCD or plasma tv you should be fine, also as Trotter said most new tv's have the VGA and DVI hookups on the back as well as HDMI

It is a tube tv, and the tv has S-video, the red/white/yellow and my card has dvi/vga and a yellow female connector and i have s-video and a yellow one on a different card

oh. well never mind then if its not gunna look good. i just wanted to like.. use it to watch movies lol il just have to wait and buy a bigger monitor/get a new tv.

it should work fine for movies and such, but dont expect to be able to read any text ^_^

oh yeah, new monitor for sure, i love my 27" samsung LCD, it's an awesome monitor. Although it will work for movies and such, i used to watch movies on my old 32" RCA tube tv all the time, just haveit duplicate the screen so you can see what you are doing on your computer monitor, and then watch the movie on the tv. But i would definitely upgrade to an LCD or plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom