4890 or the 4850x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me spending the money, I'd go with the 4850 X2. I've been looking at this card for my next build/upgrade, and if the price drops anytime soon, I'll be picking one up. I have not looked into the 4890 too much, but with them being the same price, if it can do just as well, or better in actual gaming, not just benchmarks, I'll gladly pick one up, as it is the newer card. Have you thought about Nvidia with the GTX275? It's comparable in benchmarks with the 4890, and the price is pretty much the same price, give or take a few dollars on which brand you pick up.

get the 4890, the 4850x2 is old and hot imo :p

Old, lol. What would you consider new...somethign thats coming out in 9 months???

Anyway, if you can afford it, the 4850x2 will be faster. Apparently the drivers are working well now, so you shouldnt have xfire probs. The advantage of the 4890 though is that you can add another later, it needs a bit less power and is cheaper.

I would recommend going with the x2 myself. Just depends on what you want really. Also think about the older card being out longer and having issues fixed against the new card. IMO

You'll spend 300 on the x2 4850. And I think 225ish on the new one. More bang for buck on the 4850 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom