PC not booting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
My pc is not working properly. I have checked the working of RAM, even the CMOS its jumpers, then the graphic card,....but nothing seems to come on the screen. I called an pc expert, he checked my pc and told me that there is a malfunction in the circuitry from the SMPS to the motherboard. The 12v cable if removed then the pc starts with the fans working, but not booting! He suggested me to buy a new motherboard. Its been three years and my motherboard seems precious. There are many computers where only minute hardware failure happens. But not that i have to replace the motherboard! What do you say?

----------------
kunal

Reinstalling the OS has nothing to do with no POST, computer newbie...

Did you have any power surges or fluctuations recently? If you've tried different RAM combinations, clearing CMOS and the like...then it's possible your board is toast. Have you tried unhooking everything from the board except for PSU, graphics card, CPU, and 1 stick of RAM? Just so its down to the bare basics.

Reinstalling the OS has nothing to do with no POST, computer newbie...

Did you have any power surges or fluctuations recently? If you've tried different RAM combinations, clearing CMOS and the like...then it's possible your board is toast. Have you tried unhooking everything from the board except for PSU, graphics card, CPU, and 1 stick of RAM? Just so its down to the bare basics.

Monitor is working properly. I started the pc with just psu, cpu, graphic card and a stick of ram, but it didn't least boot. The 12v cable which from smps goes into socket located near the inbuilt graphic card and the cpu fan. While starting, the fans start for just 4 seconds. If the 12v cable is removed then the fans operate normally, but the pc never boots. Is it cause of inadequate cooling, that the mobo has failed. - kunal

Look in your Mobo manual and find the slot that is assigned for placing one stick of RAM instead of channels. Make sure you have both power plugs to your mobo and everything is right.

I think you may have motherboard problems, but you can still be approved for an RMA after 3 years sometimes.

it certainly sounds like a bad motherboard, i would move the ram to different slots. Also try clearing the CMOS as CarnageX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom