I decided to build it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty tight budget, but if ya hold on I'll try to map one out for ya.

mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

cpu
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

hd 4830
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H483FN512P Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

ram
Newegg.com - OCZ Vista Upgrade 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

psu
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

hdd
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500AAJS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

dvd
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

case ( i dont really like the looks of it, but some like that "gaming" look, comes with 2 fans
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WY Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

OS 64 bit vista (xp is only 10 bucks cheaper)
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Works out to 647-25 mail in rebates. Almost all of it is free shipping. Leaves room for expansion, can add ram, another 4830, or when you have more money a whole new card altogether. I'd pick up a mouse and keyboard real cheap at like bestbuy.

The other guys here are pretty good at doing this. I will go ahead and suggest looking at the "Hot Deals" thread you can pick up Windows Vista Home edition 64 bit version for 80 bucks shipped. I would get that now just to make sure you get the sale price. Also you can get a lite-on keyboard from Newegg for 6-7 bucks and mouse combo around ten plus shipping. The keyboard is basic, but well built. The mouse...eh its about two feet long with two buttons lol. But with your first hundred bucks you will have that out the way.

Sorry for that running together, I'm doing this on my PS3 with the controller.

I would think AMD would be a better route to go especially on this tight of a budget. The x2 2.7ghz are 55 shipped.

dude... don't double or triple post there's en edit function. athlon x2s are so slow, been there, regret that

There is no double or triple posting. It's all different posts. And we're trying to stay within 600. Not speaking for everyone else but I normally set my budget 100 bucks under par because there is always someone that suggests something that is better, but out of context for the build. No disrespect.

Ha idk what you are seeing but it is 3 separate posts lol. odd... my old build was an athlon and I loathed it. Way too slow at this day and age to start with. Isn't too bad if it's already owned, but to make a new machine with an x2 would definitely not be worth it.

It's possible to be seeing crap for posts on this thing.

For what I used to do, gaming not heavy gaming like some of the system hogs they had out back when say the 3400 was killer, I had no problems with it pair on asus 38n board and 2 gigs 6400 I think.

What kind of games will you be playing on this computer? That will help out alot as the what route you need to take.

Another point with the 5200 people have reported OCing up to 3.2 on stock fan, though are to believe since well, it's amd on stock cooler :)

Well basically i just want to play counter strike source and D3 when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom