Here's my plan, now I need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vital Energy

Beta member
I need a little help here people. From where I'm sitting my best option to get back into PC gaming is to get the Crysis Ultra Optimized Gaming PC. I want to play Crysis, but mostly I'm going to play CS:S and Command and Conquers. I have tinkered with consoles, HDTV's and surround sound systems but I am at a technological disadvantage when it comes to PC's. I'm going to match a set of Tritton AX PRO 5.1 headphones to this rig, and use them with a 360 and PS3. That covers sound, keyboard and mouse already included, so now I just need a monitor. Well I saw this and it seems like a bad idea but I wanted to see what anybody else thinks:

Ultra Optimized 3D Gaming PC Bundle - Our Best Selling Gamer with nVidia 3D Vision Glasses and Samsung 22" Monitor at TigerDirect.com

If this is a bad choice can you recommend a good monitor that I can also use with the consoles for HD gaming? I don't even think the 3D Samsung supports HD because of a low resolution and no HDMI that I am aware of. The monitor is the most important thing I'm buying. I read up on the PC and the Trittons and they are both just right for me. I don't have any idea how to pick out the right monitor. Also, what RAM should I get to double my memory? I'm assuming that I will need to do that at some point. I need to get gaming again people. Any answers, suggestions, or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

I did not see a price for that bundle. How much is it? would you have any issues with building your own. Depending upon the price you could build a better computer and get a 24" monitor for the same price.

Key specs from the crysis build:
E7300
DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) 2gb
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Random 500watt psu
xp pro
I did not see a chipset so no idea on mb.
22" samsung
250gb sata drive

Ultra "Crysis Warhead" Optimized Gaming PC - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB SATA II HDD, DVDRW Dual Layer, NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, Gigabit LAN, G31M3-F, Windows XP Professional 038800 at TigerDirect.com

New link with just the pre-built rig, price is $699.99. I feel that I am better off getting this. I am on a budget, and I haven't even played a computer game for many years. Like since CS:S came out. I know building is easier than I think, but without knowing a single soul who would assist me in the endeavor, I just feel better about getting the Crysis rig. My gaming needs are fairly modest. I just want to download skins and sounds to mod CS:S and play some RTS games. The monitor is where I'm stuck at. The 3D and no mention of HDMI scares me. I saw the bundle and thought I should ask about it.

That monitor is 599.99 by itself. I think with the bundle it may be cheaper, but I am unsure. I can't add it to the cart to see the price because the bundle is currently unavailable. It would have to be cheaper in the bundle for me to be interested. My real question what monitor would be a good match to the Crysis pre-built PC as well as HDMI through my 360 and PS3. Thanks for the replies.

I'm just a pre-built pansy right now. I just want to get back to PC gaming with minimal headaches incurred. After I get settled in for a while, I'm sure my next PC purchase I will save money and build my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom