Which graphics card should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekBubs

In Runtime
Its TekBubs again :eek: the guy who cant buy things online because he is only 16, and his parents dont believe in buying online

Well, I have some good news, I got a job :D and now im looking for a video card upgrade (Finally, after countless threads I am getting a half decent one). Most of you already know that im using an ATI Radeon 3450 256MB for gaming, dont get me wrong the card IS budgeted but for a budgeted card you're getting your moneys worth, but thats besides the point.

Right now I'm looking at these 2 cards, I can spend up to 120 (not including tax) and I want to know which one is worth it and if its actually gonna show a difference (Oh and I prefer playing games like BF2 or CS:S, bf2 might be an old game but with the vastness of the maps and the flying and shooting and what not, the 3450 just cant keep up with it)

Anyways here are the 2 cards:

Computers: Computer Upgrades: ATI Radeon HD4550 512MB PCI-E Video Card | Best Buy Canada Web Store

Memory Specs
Effective Memory Clock Speed 1600MHz
Memory Technology DDR3
Video Memory 512MB

Chipset Specs
API Support DirectX 9 - 10.1, OpenGL
Core Clock Speed 600MHz
Maximum Resolution 2048 x 1536
Multiple Monitor Support Yes
Processor Type RV710
RAMDAC Speed 1600MHz
SLI Ready Yes

Computers: Computer Upgrades: Zotac GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR2 PCI-E Video Card | Best Buy Canada Web Store

Memory Specs
Effective Memory Clock Speed 1000MHz
Memory Technology DDR2
Video Memory 512MB

Chipset Specs
API Support DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1
Core Clock Speed 550MHz
Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1600
Multiple Monitor Support Yes
Processor Type NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
RAMDAC Speed 400MHz
SLI Ready Yes

My specs

Windows Vista 32 Bit Home Premium
3GB RAM DDR2
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.4ghz
ATI RAdeon 3450 256MB
Basically, this is a prebuilt Dell Inspiron 518

And for the Zotac 9500, would I see an FPS boost? And how much would it probably be? This is a question I've always wanted to know because the 4550 might not be doable

PS: I NEED TO GET A CARD BY TOMORROW, ITS LATE RIGHT NOW AND IM EXHAUSTED, AND TOMORROW IS SUNDAY

Um don't get either. I love how on bestbuy.com there is an "error" when you click on customer reviews or specifications. On newegg the 4550 is like 50 bucks. Both cards are pretty crap. Go with the 4550 if you must.

Yes I'm not talking about newegg am I? And I told you im limited, just say a **** card theres no need to troll them...just a straight answer would be nice

and my main question was what would the FPS difference be?

I told you what card to go with didn't I? Don't be an ******* when you're getting advice. With 100 bucks you can get a much better card off newegg or tiger or anywhere. There is no way to tell the exact FPS difference. It really wouldn't be a huge difference, both are going to suck. My 8600GT ran bf2 fine, so I would assume both of those should get the job done.

edit: Please don't bump or double post.

Ok first of all, I dont know if I was clear on this, Im not shopping online, so why dont you actually read what I wrote first, I dont care whether you think the card sucks or not, its all I can afford at the moment all I wanna know is if I should by the 9500 or the 4550, I never asked if it sucked, I never asked if it was crap, I asked which one I should buy and if it was worth it, you told me th3 4550, and I just did even more research to find out that the 4550 was destroyed in benchmarking tests by the 9500

Troll

Then why ask, you can google. I looked at the specs, and the 4550 specs are better. A 120 dollar budget is plenty for a video card. You can do much better by ordering online. Please don't get your panties in a bunch when someone recommends something. As a forum everyone here always recommends newegg. I did the same. I apologize for not seeing you could not order online. No reason to start freaking out. I was 15 the first time I ordered online. All it takes is going through the process and showing your parents how easy and safe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom