j drive gone missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

enufofthis

Beta member
dell inspiron 531 j drive went missing. use it for memory stick reading from camera.
Had same problem when warrenty was still good and dell helped me with getting it visible again, but I didn't pay attention to the method they took me through so I'm without.
any help?

Did you eject the media from there? Did you safely shut down the memory stick or what ever was plugged in last time so you dont corrupt it?

We need some info. Like how did you remove the device last time? Did you just pull it out without safely removing it? Did you take it from your camera when it was off?

Give more info please.

honestly can't remember. Has been missing for almost a month now. using vista and I do remember when it first happened dell taking me into control panel, hardware.... uninstalling or disabling something, then restarting, or downloading something else and when re-booted the "j" drive was back with the rest of the drive listings>

thanks to those that have been offering input. I check device management, and find usb controllers, checking each one fo them that are listed, they all show under properties that they are working properly?
Strangest thing, it now appears that although the "j" drive is gone, it has now become the "h" drive. the memory stick is visable and working now under "h" drive in picture manager??
I'll keep stumbling along as it's working now. thanks again, perhaps the threat of outside help scared the beast into co-operating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom