first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you have a ide ultra 160gb drive?

get a sata around 500gb

something like this. it is $30 more but worth it.
Newegg.ca - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Are you planning to overclock? if not you do not need to spend $12 on that heatsink the stock will be fine. If you are planning to oc then get a real cpu cooler like this.
Newegg.ca - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

why do you have a ide ultra 160gb drive?

get a sata around 500gb

something like this. it is $30 more but worth it.
Newegg.ca - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Are you planning to overclock? if not you do not need to spend $12 on that heatsink the stock will be fine. If you are planning to oc then get a real cpu cooler like this.
Newegg.ca - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

lol oops i didnt notice it was IDE lol. and i wasnt sure if what i had was very OC able so i want to a little.. and i wasnt 100% sure if i NEEDED the fan cuz newegg says the cpu dosnt come with one?

sorry missed that it was a be. You need one. The sunbeam I linked is much better than the one you posted. That one is basically a stock cooler.

Wait for some feedback on the rest of you build.

ok thank you, and would i be able to just go with the external sata i have or would i need a.. primary ? drive

oh lol sorry.. i wont talk anymore about it. but can some one please give me feedback on the media part of this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom