Finished my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the one big plug going into the motherboard over near the ram and I have another one near the sink(sink power I think), and another bigger one near the sink(CPU power I think).

Is the second motherboard plug as big as the first?

Both power plugs are in the gpu.

Have not started it with 1 stick of ram. That is what I kind of meant about the benchmark testing.
It says to plug CPU, heatsink, 1 stick of ram, graphics card in and see if it does something on the screen. It then says to add one part at a time and continue to run benchmark test after every part, basically start it up after every part is added.

You should have a big 24pin plug to the motherboard by the RAM
You should have an 8pin plug at the top left corner

Those are the two connections from the psu, that third one you are talking about is it the little three pin fan connection from the cpu cooler?

Start with one stick or RAM and if that doesn't work switch slots and see if that makes a difference. Good idea to start with the bare bones and then add one component at a time.

Yes those are all of the plugs I have going into the motherboard. Forgot the small one came from the fan not the power.

I will try one stick of RAM and see how that goes.

If you get those pictures up, we could help you out more.

As for the speaker beep, not all motherboards or cases come with a system speaker, it has to be plugged in to the motherboard, or built in, to hear the beeps.

Headed to friends now and going to get pics up. Yea we plugged a pair of speakers into back and never heard anything.

Plugging into the back will not work.

There are speakers headers with the front panel connectors.

G452-0001-call04-maf.jpg

Right below the ide connector

Yeah, like I was saying, the internal speaker. Plugs directly into the motherboard. Your case or motherboard probably just didn't come with one.

look at page 33 of your manual. The speaker headers are the four on the upper right of the front panel connectors. Either your case came with a small speaker or the motherboard else you are out of luck unless you have another lying around.

Hey guys we just booted with 1 stick in the very first slot, furthest away from the cpu and it is booting up into post error occurs screen appears.

Says CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded.

We having it loading this screen with all 3 sticks of memory in now. We are about to move to the HD and the ROM drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom