Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
I have a triplehead2go with an ati 4870. Turns out ati drivers don't support 5040x1050 and I couldn't find information on any future plans on it. So, which SINGLE (for now) nvidia card would you suggest to handle 5040x1050? Thanks.

Well I don't know if nVidia cards are actually capable of doing so, but if they are then you are probably looking at a GTX260, 275, 280 or 285.

How come you need to display that unusual res?

Nvidia cards can do it, googled it. Its for gaming and multi-tasking, 3x 22' lcds.

-Edit-

How will this one do...

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1281-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That would probably be a good choice, however I don't know if there are enough connections on it to support a tri-monitor setup. Though you might want to go for two GTX260s instead, that way you have four DVI connection, and it's quite a lot more powerful (as powerful as a GTX295).
Are you going to be gaming on one, two or three screens?

I have a triplehead2go, which connects 1 video card to 3 monitors. I need a single card for now because my mb only crossfires.

I have a triplehead2go, which connects 1 video card to 3 monitors. I need a single card for now because my mb only crossfires.

Definitely GTX285 then, unless you need extra power for gaming on multiple monitors (I don't know if that would be needed though, ask someone else).

I plan to sli another gtx285 once I get a new mb. Just need 1 card to hold out until then.

-Edit-

On the note of mb's, I currently have an asus rampage formula and am very happy with it. What suggestions would you have for a sli mb? I would need it to match what I can do now...
q6600 at 3.6ghz
8gb ram at 1066
6+ sata ports
room for heatsink (xigmatek rifle)

This is the one I found...

Newegg.com - ASUS Striker II Formula LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Really!? ****, you just ruined my decision... I was torn between going for 2 gtx285s or 3 4870s (maybe 2 X2's) but had decided the nvidias were out b/c of no dual screen support... dang you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom