Finished my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first computer, and mine did not beep either, but all was fine and it is running great. I use a tv, not a monitor, but until I installed the drivers I had to go vga chord into the computer. Once I installed the drivers I then could hook it up with hdmi to dvi.

Well I dont think I am getting a signal from the pc to the monitor. It keeps flashing from analog to digital. Read another guide that said some motherboards do not beep so dunno. I hear the rom drive start turning with vista in it and I THINK I hear the hard drive running. Hard to tell over all of the fans.

??

Do I need to have a wired keyboard and mouse? and not have it plugged into USB since it can not pick up the auto stuff yet?

We are about to plug speakers up to see if we can hear any beeps through them. Read that it might beep through the speakers and if we hear nothing then to try making sure that the processor is in properly

Hey guys, I still need help trying to get this thing up and running.

Does anyone have any ideas?

We took out the graphics card and put it back in. We checked all of the power wires and made sure that they where connect.

Don't really know where to go to next.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

GIGABYTE GA-EX58

OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V

EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit

SAMSUNG 2343BWX High Glossy Black 23" 5ms 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 (DC) w/ HDCP Support

Vista Home Premium.

Link to my build is
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/help-building-decent-gaming-pc-203721/

Oh and I read that I might can take it apart and basically start over and benchmark it as I build. Thoughts on this?

Have you plugged both power plugs into the motherboard?
Have you plugged both power plugs into the gpu?
Have you tried booting with just 1 stick of ram?

I did not quite understand your last question.

I have the one big plug going into the motherboard over near the ram and I have another one near the sink(sink power I think), and another bigger one near the sink(CPU power I think).

Is the second motherboard plug as big as the first?

Both power plugs are in the gpu.

Have not started it with 1 stick of ram. That is what I kind of meant about the benchmark testing.
It says to plug CPU, heatsink, 1 stick of ram, graphics card in and see if it does something on the screen. It then says to add one part at a time and continue to run benchmark test after every part, basically start it up after every part is added.

Can you get those pictures still?

I had this exact problem, and it turned out to be a defective motherboard. My mobo light was on, and everything was running, just like you described; I must have re-seated everything twelve times.

Is there anywhere you could get your parts tested? I found a place that did free diagnostics, which was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom