Senior From The Midwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorya

Beta member
Hello from the cold, snowy midwest USA. I am soooooooooo looking forward to all the help I see that has been received by posters on this site. I will be needing it! You will, no doubt, "see" me on quite a few sites because of the problems I encounter.

I think that, perhaps, this forum is not for "me" because I am really a "newbie" ... this forum is hard get around. Thanks, anyway.

Whoa, now.... hold on there, partner. Newbie or not we can help you out. We were all there at one time, so that's not a real concern. Even if you don't know what's wrong with your computer you can describe the symptoms and we will ask the questions to help you help us. ;)

What seems to be the trouble, or should I say the main trouble?

Welcome.gif

If it is a Windows problem, i can certainly help. Even if you dont know much about tech, i know how to ask the questions and even provide pictures if needed.

So stick around, we are more than willing to help.

I have a number of issues with WIN-XPS2 et. al., one of which is an error message "RegOpenKeyEx: The handle is invalid." Then I click OK and, lo and behold, I keep on going forward just like this error message never appeared. It does not stop me from doing anything, but I would think that is a problem which shouldn't be there. Am I being overly concerned about this?

I live in the "heart" of tax 'em county, Milwaukee. Are you near the cookies in Ripon?

OMG, what a lucky person you are to be at UW. Don't I wish ... Anyhow, I don't think I will be staying on this forum. Did you notice that "management" said "If it is a Windows problem, i can certainly help. Even if you dont know much about tech, i know how to ask the questions and even provide pictures if needed." I asked five or so days ago but didn't receive. I suppose one must be very "tech savy" to be here which I am not. Study hard and I hope you picked a great career where jobs will always be available to you.

I have a number of issues with WIN-XPS2 et. al., one of which is an error message "RegOpenKeyEx: The handle is invalid." Then I click OK and, lo and behold, I keep on going forward just like this error message never appeared. It does not stop me from doing anything, but I would think that is a problem which shouldn't be there. Am I being overly concerned about this?

Do this please. Start>Run>msconfig

In there take a screen shot with the prntscrn key and paste that into Paint. Start>All Programs>accessories. Just hit Ctrl+V once Paint opens.

From there upload that to Imageshack.us or Photobucket.com and use the forum Tag line and paste it in here. I will take a look and see if i can figure out what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom