Finished my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
I will put picks up when I get in from work and have the OS and new monitor.

I have a few questions that we could not totally figure out.

Thanks again for all the input on the build.

Ask the questions now, so they can be answered quicker :) Unless they need pics of course.

Well pictures would kind of help me show what I am talking about. I do not know what all of the wires are called and such. Ill give it a try though.

The mother board came with two long pieces of wire that have lots of little wires in a row. I use to see them in older PCs but never saw in the guides we where looking at that said anything about them.

We also installed the graphics card and got the powe plugged into the power supply and then the graphics card had another really small wire that it said was for the sound if you used HDMI sound or something. It plugged in right beside the power on the graphics card. Could not figure out where it went on the mother board though.

I think other then that we have most of it done. We plugged it into the power last night but did not turn it on. This made an LED light on the motherboard come on so that made it look right but that was the only light that came on

The mother board came with two long pieces of wire that have lots of little wires in a row. I use to see them in older PCs but never saw in the guides we where looking at that said anything about them.
Sorry, you're right about needing pictures :p

We also installed the graphics card and got the powe plugged into the power supply and then the graphics card had another really small wire that it said was for the sound if you used HDMI sound or something. It plugged in right beside the power on the graphics card. Could not figure out where it went on the mother board though.
You won't need that unless you're using the HDMI connection for your monitor/TV, and want to play sound through the monitor/tv speakers.

Ok, I will get pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Will probably have some more questions tonight about installig the Vista 64 bit tonight, have never did that from step 1 before.

The OS installation is pretty straightforward, step by step process. I'm glad to hear you have everything put together already! Hurry up with those pics so we can help you out!

Yeah, that small cable is for digital audio SPDIF and the motherboard or sound card should have a place where this plugs into. Check your motherboard manual for an SPDIF slot. It is usually a tiny black pin slot.

PX8500_GT_HDMI_LP_Install_Internal_SPDIF.jpg

Those are most likely your ide cables. You do not need them unless you have and ide harddrives or cd drives.

It probaly looks something like this.
ide_133_cable.jpg

That is the cables. That is what I figured they where. Had a thought in my head that the SATA ports and wires replaced it lol. Glad I did not have to use them because they would have been WAY to short because the case is huge.

Oh and it is not my comp, I showed my build to my friend and he went and bought all of the parts! I just basically put it together for him lol. Was nice practice for when I get all of the $ for mine though.

Hey guys, I just got back from store and have vista and monitor. I plugged in monitor with white cable first and wouldnt pick up any signal. So I tried the blue cable with the adapter that looks like the end of the white cord but it still is not picking up any signal. I have lights on on my motherboard and graphics card and all of my fans are running. Just can not seem to get a signal from the graphics card to the monitor.

Help plz?

Have been reading the guides and it says that the motherboard should make a beep when it first boots up. It is not making the beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom