login does not set cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
deleted al my cookies,still does not work
Maybe if you gave a bit more information.

Like which OS, what Anti-Virus software you have running, which browser you have tried.

You know some information so we can try to help rather than just saying it doesnt work. Which isnt true cause many people here have gotten it to work.

It doesn't happen on my desktop, but my laptop, it logs me out if I leave it alone for maybe 15 minutes...I'll try the cookie culler thing.

To all you guys deleting your cookies to try to get it to work:

The OP never said that deleting your cookies will fix your problem. What the OP said was that you should delete your cookies to be able to recreate the problem so you can see that it doesn't work.

So if it's already not working for you don't delete your cookies. And if it is working for you, don't delete your cookies or it will stop working. Nobody ever said that was the fix, and that will just make you have to reset your cookies for all of the other sites you frequent.

The fix about clicking a thread hitting reply and loging in that way will set cookies I had this issue last night and so far it's the only thing I can find that works.

I updated my password and was logged out. I deleted all the cookies for Tech-Forums, logged back in and surfed, and then re-saved the cookies for here. No problems.

I updated my password and was logged out. I deleted all the cookies for Tech-Forums, logged back in and surfed, and then re-saved the cookies for here. No problems.

For me, I tried logging in the normal way, and it stayed logged in for a short time while I surfed, but like the next day I wasn't logged in anymore. It may have been that I stayed logged in while my browser was open.

The reply to a thread method is the only way I've been able to stay logged in even for long periods of time.

Thank you to whomever it was that figured out how to do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom