SP2 Troubleshoot: CD Drive not recognizable after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnphantom

Solid State Member
Troubleshoot: CD Drive not recognizable after installation

My friend has a Dell Dimension 2400. After he installed SP2, the computer wouldn't recognize the CD Drive at all! The error message read: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Any idea would really be appreciated.

vnphantom said:
My friend has a Dell Dimension 2400. After he installed SP2, the computer wouldn't recognize the CD Drive at all! The error message read: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Any idea would really be appreciated.

uninstall sp2 and i'm not kidding

Sp2 is a waste, I aint got it, and I never will, I will wait until sp4 comes out before I risk any conflicts. sp1 is good enough.

Did your friend have an emulated Cd-rom installed?. It's found that such programs like D-Tools and Alcohol conflict with SP2.

Yea, he got Alcohol in it. But I already removed it. I'll try to remove the CD-drive from control panel to see if it helps. Thanks alot guys.

OK, I did remove the CD from Device Management. When the machine booted up, it found the drive again. However, I still received the same error that said it cannot recognize the driver. Hence, the Drive still wouldn't work.

Any idea till this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom