Newbie sound card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi all
I bought my Sound blaster audigy(basic version)(which supports 5.1 right?) quite a while ago and was using it with a normal creative inspire 2.1 speakers. Everything was going smoothly then bam! my friends bought me a logitech Z-640!(5.1) naturally i was really happy and proceeded to fix it up.

But the instruction manual instruted me to insert the wires into the color coded holes in the sound card but my sound card is not color coded and I have no idea wheres my sound card manuel is! Whats more the manuel only give me instructions for if I have a 6 or 4 or 2 channel sound card... and i have no idea how many channels my sound card is... 5.1?

haha.... so i proceeded on to trial and error and I put them into the rightmost holes ( I am guess that the black plug is into the rear speaker jack and the green plug into the hole beside it. Which should be the front speaker jack) however now i hae a problem. I can't get my Center speaker to work.... theres another orange jack lying around though should I put it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom