Finally got my build together

Status
Not open for further replies.

karshtakavaar

Solid State Member
You may remember a few topics from me about builds, or you may not, either way I thought I'd share my new baby with everyone.

Case: Antec 1200 full tower

MoBo: EVGA X58

CPU: Intel Core I7 920 @3.19ghz

Memory: 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

PSU: Antec CP-850

GPU: Gigabyte HD4870 1gb

HDD: Samsung 1tb 7200rpm

Optical Drive: sony 20x dvd burner

Monitor: 24" BenQ G2400WT LCD monitor

(pretty sure that's it)

Now, I built it myself and man was tha stressful, I'm a bit of a huge guy who tends to not do "firm" well, I have overkill and underkill for strength applications, so trying to put the CPU and cooler in was like "oh god, it's not in right, it can't be the thing is too hard, oh god i broke it, OH GOD I BROKE IT", turns out it is all fine, but still....

I'm quite happy with it so far although if I had the chance to redo I would have gotten a slightly faster Hard drive.

The cpu is running at about 51 degrees centigrade (semi-idle) which is in acceptable limits (right?)

If i had a camera I'd post pictures of it (except for the back side where "cable management" happens, it is a MESS).

Anyways, thoughts anyone?

Nice work and good build.

Do you have an aftermarket cpu cooler or is that overclock using the stock heatsink?

Have you ran any benchmarks on it yet?
If so what kind of scores were you getting?

Pics or it did not happen. :)

Currently there is the stock CPU cooler on there, but I do have a Glacialtech6100 in my cubpoard (it arrived later then everything else, silly courier peoples), I would install it but I haven't been game.
Getting the stock cooler on was stressful enough for me.

No benchmarks have been ran.

Those temp are not to bad for mid useage...Check it under full load soon as you can...If its getting above 60c-65c at full load you need to put your better cooler on it!! Also if you plan to overclock it you need to install it first!!

Well, after playing Black and White 2 for an hour the temps are at (according to the EVGA eleet monitoring thingy) 57, 58, 56, 58.

Would that be classifiable as under load?

Ya, the stock cooler is a pain in the rectum to mount. I usually end up slightly bending the cooler to releive some of the pressure. Thats why i prefer using coolers with backplates and screwdowns. What you might look into doing is getting a smaller drive, like a 640aaks for your OS drive since it will be faster than using the 1tb and if you need to install, its always nice to have your OS and storage seperate from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom