New here, could use some help on building my first PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I know I said I was going to order everything a while back but something came up that needed my pc funds. I ORDERED IT TODAY! im so psyched! yall don't even know! I got 3 day shipping but just one thing, I have an old dvd drive I mean like old...could I use that or should I just get another one? and I was able to get windows ultimate 32bit for free, I know its not what was recommended but that will still work well right? Another thing, I'm interested in making a donation to help keep this great forum running so if someone could tell me where to send it, that would be great! Thanks so much!

Wizdumb

The DVD drive will work. Same with the 32-bit Ultimate, but it will only be able to use 3.5GB od memory.

Spend the money to get windows vista 64 bit. I have 3 gigs of ram with 32 bit windows and I'm skeptical if it even recognizes that. If you want to be able to upgrade to 8 gigs somewhere down the road (totally unnecessary) then you will need 64 bit anyways.

Alright, I know I said I was going to order everything a while back but something came up that needed my pc funds. I ORDERED IT TODAY! im so psyched! yall don't even know! I got 3 day shipping but just one thing, I have an old dvd drive I mean like old...could I use that or should I just get another one? and I was able to get windows ultimate 32bit for free, I know its not what was recommended but that will still work well right? Another thing, I'm interested in making a donation to help keep this great forum running so if someone could tell me where to send it, that would be great! Thanks so much!

Wizdumb

Hmmm, I would assume the site is funded through advertisements.

Who is the head guy anyway? Is it Dave? I've never seen him post anything besides that one stickied forum rules topic he has.

Allright its all done, im really impressed. Oh and PJ......THANK YOU for your input, I went with everything you said and its sweet....seriously. Tho the CPU fan was a pain, the things up and running great. I can max out my graphics on any game I want and it runs perfectly. I was wondering about CPU and SYS temps, when its idle and my CPU stays around 27`c And when im running a game last time I checked it was around 35, is that allright? my system stays between 26-30ish as well.

Thanks,

Wizdumb

Allright its all done, im really impressed. Oh and PJ......THANK YOU for your input, I went with everything you said and its sweet....seriously. Tho the CPU fan was a pain, the things up and running great. I can max out my graphics on any game I want and it runs perfectly. I was wondering about CPU and SYS temps, when its idle and my CPU stays around 27`c And when im running a game last time I checked it was around 35, is that allright? my system stays between 26-30ish as well.

Thanks,

Wizdumb

Those are excellent temps to be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom