New Mobo/CPU/RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
So I recently had my motherboard die, it suddenly wouldnt turn on one morning, but its about time for an upgrade. It was an nForce 4 with an AMD 3200+.
Originally, I wanted to go i7, but being a broke college student, I think I'm gonna save some cash and go Core2.
This is what i was thinking:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard + CPU combo: $329.98

RAM: OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Ram: $62.99

Total: 392.97 + 11.18 (shipping) = $404.15 (before $45 of mail in rebates)

What do you guys think? Is this good, or does anything need replaced?

Oh, wow good call, I didn't realized the PI Blacks are up to $60, thought they were $45.

Edit: Ok, now they're $50.

Thirdshift, your avatar is freaking me out.
Wow...same!! Are you trying to subliminally tell us something Mr. DJ? :freak:

Evolv's right, the 9400 and Phenom II are right in line in terms of performance, so I would go with the cheaper option of the two.

Who me??? Nothing suspicious here.............just keep staring my little pretties. tech forums will be mine...err ours!

Oh, wow good call, I didn't realized the PI Blacks are up to $60, thought they were $45.

Edit: Ok, now they're $50.

Well, at that point, you're saving 20 bucks. That's cool then. They were 45 bucks when I bought them, but like I said, it changes frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom