Samsung printer memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucersvp

Beta member
Hi all... Not sure if this is the appropriate forum...I have a Samsung ML-2550 printer (32 MB RAM std, 266 MHz processor) to which I want to add 128 MB RAM to better performance on long docs. Ordered 128 MB Crucial P/N CT32M32S4P8 (100-pin DIMM 125 MHZ 3.3V) as per an email from one of their techs after he said they stock Samsung's "proprietary" memory. Backed out of installation after a Samsung tech said I could get error messages, destabilize my printer & void my warranty if I installed chip. He said that 32 MB was enough for even long (200/+ pg pdf's). It's a duplexer and stops to think after every 4 pgs (2-pg x 2-side). Speed is OK but it's not up to specs(~9 ppm vs 13.7 ppm dx). Any laser printer expert know whether this memory will run OK? (Crucial's $50 vs Samsung's $399 MSRP for 128 MB means that I can't afford Samsung's price.) TIA.

Samsung Memory

You should put the chip in and if it doesn't work just remove it and return it to the place of purchase. I am positive that if there was a problem with your printer (other than the memory) none of the Samsung Techs are going to ask if you put in that memory chip or not. Just make sure you put into the correct slot. I think there are two slots, one is for the Post Script module.

I would say not even to try it cause it can void your waranty on the machine like they said. Other things is you can setup up a print server if you are printing that much and have it print from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom