Running a comp on a 52" 1080p tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called LG's tech support line, and the girl I got said that I can only chose one input. If it wasn't for an earlier post in this topic saying that, I would say that she just doesn't know what she is talking about because a lot of those indian phone techs don't really know what they are doing. The tv does seem like it has a vga and a dvi port. I wonder if its got the same deal goin on with that or if I would be able to get sound if I bought a dvi cable.

I have been playing UT 3....Nascar Racing 2003 Season...Counter Strike, all on my Sony Bravia 46" HDTV and just used my Nvidia control panel to adjust my setting.....running at 1920 x 1200 no problem what so ever....no black bars....just pure sweetness :D

I would go into your control panel...and adjust your settings with your video card.

3252331824_779102437b_b.jpg

3252329528_897a273692_b.jpg

3224915081_59e33eef29_b.jpg

3224718099_0a3fec5c5e_b.jpg

3224718843_c95e76fb6a_b.jpg

Yeah man, I like that crysis pic you got there. I remember you posting it before.

Anyway, luckily the surround sound thing we had down there had a red and a white rca jack which I was able to use. I just switched the source and was good to go, even if I did only get stereo.

After that, I played some Dawn of War II down there. I sucked though because the sensitivity and scroll speed on the wireless mouse I got is all wack. Tomorrow I'm going to install the logitech setpoint software. When that is running, the sensitivity on their mice seems to be just right. My g5 goes crazy when I disable it.

Not much for tvs, but for monitors it means a lot. Besides on pcs there are issues with getting it to work right, as this thread shows. DVI just works, and other audio sources although messier have better quality. if you have an hdmi only tv you really have no choice, but for pc monitors DVI is the better choice IMO.

What sucks on my tv is that my only option is VGA or HDMI. I dont have DVI. You would think on a 3000 dollar TV it would have that option. Heck, my 42" sony has DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom